Downrod for Lowrance Active Target and Livesight transducer.
This downrod is 48 inches long and is large enough to allow the transducer cable to pass through the downrod. This helps to protect the cable when in use and eases cable management as there is nothing for the cable to wrap about when scanning with the downrod.
The downrod ships with a strain relief ring to protect the cable as it exits the top of the downrod.
There are two mounting methods for the Active Target.
- A disk to allow connection of either the metal transom bracket (metal bracket is supplied by Garmin and is shipped inside the livescope transducer box)
- An adapter end to allow for connection of the Garmin shaft mounting assemblies (including Perspective view).
- A small adjustable ram arm for forward down and perspective views.
There are also two handle options:
- A solid 12 inch long handle.
- A telescoping 12 to 18 inch long handle.
And finally extension tubes are available for use with very deep boats. Typically extension tubes are mounted at the top of the downrod and serve the function of allowing the handle to be raised higher and thus be a bit more accessible.
To determine proper downrod length, use the following illustration: