Fishing Specialties is a Garmin Authorized Reseller
TRANSDUCER MOUNTING FOR
ALL BOATS and ALL TRANSDUCER TYPES
Our Build Button is unfortunately broken and under repair.
Please call 719 284 2220 for assistance in building a bowducer.
Use Our Build Button below to set up a complete system for your boat.
Kayak owners click the green button below
- Outrigger style transducer mounting assemblies for all boat types
- Deploy in less than a second – stow it just as fast!
- No fumbling with downrod alignments, locking screws, or cables.
- Break away features prevent damage to boats, downrods, transducers, and cables.
- Protects your investment – eliminates cable damage due to trolling motor pinch points and rotation.
- Improves imaging by stabilizing transducer and allowing it to be directed independent of trolling motor direction – especially useful for spot lock trolling motor users!
- Easily removable from the boat for safe storage of Transducers and mounting components.
In setting up a bowducer system, the most common question is how long should the downrod be for my boat. See the link below for measurement guides. We do offer substitute longer downrods that are 72 inches long that can be added to any bowducer assemblies.
Please help us by showing us your Mounting
We are trying to help our customers determine the best mounting. A picture is worth 1000 words so please send us a photo of your installation to share with everyone (We post them on “Installed Mounts” page).
Send photos to: MPHFS1@gmail.com or text to 719-284-2204
Active Target and Livescope System users NOTE
When removing your transducer from the water, always be sure to turn off the signal from the transducer to prevent overheating of transducers. This is recommended by Garmin and you can do it with either a short press on the power button or by going into the Sonar Menu and clicking the “transmit on/off” button.
BOWDUCER ASSEMBLY at 3.5mph (livescope)
This is a Garmin Livescope deployed while moving. Speed is about 3.5mph. Transducer turned at an
angle to line of travel. Note that it is solid and remains so without any knobs or locks.
STOWAGE OF ANY DOWNROD SYSTEM.
News And Stuff
Humminbird Live system now available for ordering. Coupled with the Bowducer mount you will see better imaging and it is more precise in its control!
- Low profile Lowrance three view bracket now available. Retrofit kit allows a smaller water profile and improves downrod stability when moving the boat.
- Side Image Transducers can be rotated independently from the trolling motor. Allows you to scan in any direction!
- If your fishfinder is not listed, please call us for pricing on your system of choice. 719-284-2220 (or send us an email using the button below).
- Bowducer outrigger mounts are an excellent assembly for attaching LED or other lamps for night time fishing or the sonicwave system (where legal!).
- Bowducer mounts have many options for securing the baseplate assembly to your boat. Pedestals to rise above gunnels, angles for Tracker, Lund and Alumacraft, as well as plates mounted under the trolling motor – no additional drilling into your boat (see accessories for motor plates and pedestals).
Stay tuned for special giveaway items.
COMING SOON: Simply write up our product on your favorite fishing forum or blog.
Send a link to your write up to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a thank you.
Be sure to send your address along with your link!
Thank you to all our customers!
WHY UTILIZE AN OUTRIGGER MOUNT
How to get the most from high resolution fishfinders:
The current generation of fish finder systems are getting more sophisticated every day. Transducers are becoming larger and more sensitive. There is also considerable change in technologies with current generation trolling motors. Models such as Terrova, Xi5 and iPilot do not easily allow mounting of transducers.
However, the one thing that is not changing, is the ability of a trolling motor to pinch, rip, stretch, and generally ruin a transducer cable. For example, if you are able to mount a transducer with Xi5, it will either catch the cable in the mechanism, tearing it or potentially spin until the conductors rip. A transducer on trolling motor is just a bad idea!
In addition, the quick movements of a trolling motor mounted transducer tend to ruin imaging from these expensive units. While the image will be eventually be reestablished, a ruined cable will cost you several hundred dollars.
In order to obtain maximum performance from a bow mount transducer, it is extremely beneficial to separate the transducer from the trolling motor. This helps to improve image quality and will also help lower the potential for electrical interference.
Improve Image Quality
Image quality is related to the stability of the transducer. If a transducer is mounted on the trolling motor, small directional changes of the motor result in slurring of the images. The illustration here shows just how much the image may be ruined. A small 5 degree correction of the motor results in the side view distortion of over 2 feet at only 25 feet from the boat.
This image distortion is reduced considerably with the Bow-Ducer Outrigger as all the small angular adjustments of the motor are eliminated. With transducer secured to the boat, the views of fishing structure or depth contours, and baitfish or game fish schools, perpendicular (or any other angle) to the primary direction of boat travel will be more consistently stable and this translates into a more usable image from your system.
Additional Advantages for bow mounting
Mounting a transducer on the bow of a boat, separately from a trolling motor is a solution to issues we fishermen have with the questionable joining of a trolling motor and a high resolution transducer!
The Bow-Ducer Outrigger mount (our new product name) is a solution to all transducer and trolling motor issues. The Bow-Ducer Outrigger mounts to the opposite side of the boat from the trolling motor, yet at the bow. It allows fishermen to separately orient the transducer. Keep cables away from trolling motor pinch points, and generally lower electrical interference picked up by todays sensitive transducers.
Fishing Specialties offers transducer to downrod mounting assemblies for all of todays transducers and the extension of the transducer cables through the downrods to make cable management a breeze.
This Limited Warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship under normal use during the Warranty Period.
During the Warranty Period, Fishing Specialties will repair or replace, at no charge, products or parts of our product that proves defective because of improper material or workmanship, under normal use.
What will we do to correct problems?
Fishing Specialties will either repair or replace the Product(s) at no charge.
How long does the coverage last?
The Warranty Period for Physical Goods purchased from Fishing Specialties is 30 days from the date of purchase.
What does this limited warranty not cover?
This Limited Warranty does not cover any problem that is caused by impact, improper mounting, or other damage due to external forces.